On my way home from work last Friday, I pulled over after seeing a particular graveyard I drive past every day (referenced here as the place that contains something that makes me both glad and sad). It's a peaceful graveyard - not at all restless; well kept and obviously full of people who were - and are - very much loved in life. What stopped me in my tracks this particular day was the veterans' section:
I was so moved. Can you imagine the time, respect, and tenderness it must have taken to decorate like this?
I parked illegally when I pulled over. The bike cop in the area totally saw me do it and must have noticed that it was in order to go into the graveyard, because when he rode by, he looked at me then indicated to my car then to the No Parking sign. I nodded and indicated to the flags...he smiled, waved, and rode on. No ticket for me.
I was hanging out in my yard yesterday morning, and noticed these delightful things growing in the grass...I think they're wild strawberries:
I love spring. And strawberries.
Pete Yorn is recording a duets album with Scarlett Johansson. Sigh. I love me some Pete Yorn but I'm not really sure how I feel about this collaboration. Who knows...maybe it will be good.
This is what's playing on my iPod's random mix right now:

2 comments:
Love everything about this entry -- especially the fact that one cop re-lit my belief in humanity.
As usual...you made me smile :)
Post a Comment