I have a hockey game tomorrow night...to play or not to play?
I want to skate, but I don't want to get my hand infected on account of busting the blisters and sweating in my gloves or anything. One blister cracked open today, so hopefully the skin closes over by 7:30 tomorrow night. Maybe I'll neosporin and lidocaine the crap out of my fingers, then put on the little finger cots or whatever they're called (the things that look like tiny condoms...I definitely got crap for that at work today). I also don't know how I'll tie my skates or put my knee braces on...I'm sure if I ask her, Kim will help me. I'll probably get jobbed big time for having someone else tie my skates, but that doesn't really bother me...it's all in good fun. I'm glad I have a designated space in the Gold Team locker room so I don't have to worry about packing and unpacking tons of sweaty gear, plus carrying sticks.
I'll probably suck it up and play anyway. I've played through way worse...maybe I'm getting soft in my old age :P. If it hurts I guess I can just get off the ice, change, and then go coach my ladies on the Red Team who will be playing on the next ice sheet over.
So I guess that's settled.
The early part of today was pretty rough but turned around in the early afternoon. Since then it's been good...topped off by a huge win by the Penguins over the Hurricanes. We're headed to the Stanley Cup Finals (wooo) most likely facing the Red Wings (grrr).
You'd better start eating your Wheaties, 'guinos.
In other, unrelated news: the opening part of "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews Band makes me melt, no matter how many times I hear it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLn42V1pFU

1 comments:
Oh man, I'm so glad you put the "Crash Into Me" into words. I am the same way, just never knew how to explain it. Other than, whenever I hear it, I always literally stop everything I'm doing to listen.
Post a Comment