Thursday, May 21, 2009

If you want to destroy my sweater...

I don't even really like that song, but the inspiration came from when the dryer chewed up my sweater last night:




Blargh.  It's one of my favorite shirts to wear to work and only like a month old!  Anyway...it's extremely trivial, just annoying.

Speaking of trivial...this is probably going to be boring and this entry contains an angry rant so heads up.

I got lavender deodorant which is lovely (and paraben- and aluminum-free!) but apparently bugs think it's lovely too.  Last night I was playing football in the front yard, and I practically got eaten alive.  When I was really young and would get covered in skeeter bites, my mom used to say it was "because you're sweet they're kissing you!"  Being a constant 5yo at heart, maybe I'll just tell myself that that's what it is.  Ha.

Weird night last night - I was on the phone until the wee hours.  I don't understand why people (twice my age no less) claim to "just want peace" then commence to create unnecessary drama, complain about hating said drama, yet refuse to meet in the middle because neither will admit playing a part in it...it usually takes two to battle, right?  Especially when strong personalities are involved.  Even if you honestly believe you did nothing wrong after much self-examination, the least you can do is make an effort to see the other person's point of view and try to identify with how s/he got offended in the first place.  Ugh.  Everyone is a jerk sometimes and I can be stubborn and a serious hardass, but preventable problems are such a pet peeve of mine (especially when they're my fault and due to simple miscommunication).  Why wouldn't you want to talk about it?  It can be humbling but at least it would help prevent similar confusion in the future, which is well worth feeling like an asshole for 30 minutes.  Last night was basically a series of palm-to-forehead moments; particularly when I, the innocent by-listener, was bristled at for not agreeing with everything the venter was saying.  I was not about to blow sunshine up anyone's ass, which the venter knows full well.  Whatever.  The issue at hand is maddening because it can be easily remedied, but it's developing into a war.  There comes a point when you just have to bite the bullet, accept people as they are, and compromise even if it means going a little out of your way.  

I admit: part of why I'm annoyed is just plain selfish too.  I was a dolt and left my meds on my kitchen counter in Colorado so went a day and a half without them.  I haven't been well or feeling like myself since I got back to Philadelphia.  It always takes a few days of being back on my entire cocktail of drugs after a missed day or two, so I was finally feeling pretty normal by last night.  Now I feel back to square one because I got approximately two hours of sleep last night over something incredibly stupid.  Granted, I could have hung up, but that wouldn't have been very supportive; even though I didn't agree with the venter, it's still shitty to shut down someone I love who opened himself up to me in a time of apparent need.  Basically, I'm not allowed to feel sorry for myself for feeling like crap because not only is it not my style to do that, but also because I'm the one who left my meds on the counter, and I'm the one who allowed the conversation to go on.  However, I will allow myself to be annoyed over dumb stuff once in awhile (case in point: sweater) because it's not hurting anyone else.  I'm not even going to read back over this particular paragraph because I'm sure it's a syntactical nightmare and just going back over the arguments is exhausting.  It helped to get it off my chest though.

Ok I'm pretty sure my fragile soapbox just collapsed so I'm going to step off the poor thing now.

Now, given the hour, I know those of you who read this have been dying to hear about my lunch so I will oblige.  I accidentally left my lunch at home today (durf) so I went to Chick-fil-a with Kim and got a salad.  If you're reading this, you probably know me well and are thus familiar with my firm belief that humans didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain for tens of thousands of years to eat greens, soy, and roughage exclusively.  I like salad and everything, but it has to be pretty boss for me to consider it suitable as a meal.  That being said, and you will be shocked...the salad I got is bangin and leaves nothing to be desired.  It's romaine, shredded carrot, shredded cheese, grapes, strawberries, gala apple cubes, mandarin oranges, grilled chicken strips (eet moar chikin), honey roasted sunflower seeds, granola, and berry balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  Boner.

I just reread what I wrote, and sometimes I wonder if my entries should be more substantial.  Oh well...it's my blog and I can close detailed paragraphs about salad with "boner" if I want to, right? Why do I even try to censor my own blog that approximately 5 people read in the first place?  Sheesh.  It's been a long couple weeks and I'm fried.  But it's almost Friday!  Followed by a Monday off!  And the people rejoiced.

Counting down to Colorado again: 28 days!

0 comments: