...courtesy of 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son.
Background on the conversation below: I burned my right hand a little bit on some sparklers Monday night, so now Sparkler is my new nickname at work. Frank and Kim came up with it and then it spread like wildfire (ha. ha. I'm sooo punny).
Travis: Sup, Sparkler? So Kim told me about how you effed up your hand. I can't believe you didn't show anyone yesterday. Let's see it.
Me: Ok...I can't take the bandage off this one finger though.
Travis: HOLY SH**! Why are those parts black? And are those two entire fingers blistered? Aren't sparklers supposed to be harmless?
Me: Yeah, it was miserable at the time but it's pretty cool to look at now. The bandaged one cracked last night and all this stuff came out, and...I'll spare you the details but it was sweet.
Travis: Sher, you're such a dude. OH! Uhhhm...that's meant to be endearing, of course.
Greeeat. So I'm a dude.
Today started off way better than yesterday...first, I woke up really early without my alarm and actually felt rested and in a good mood. So I had time to relax in the shower, make a pot of freshly ground coffee, and listen to some music. Plus, Kim agreed to helping me get dressed in my gear tonight, including tying my skates, so I plan to play :).
My car needs a good wash. It occurred to me yesterday that I really miss my 4Runner, but a Corolla is definitely more sensible in the city.
Is it weird, given my deep love for Edward Cullen, that I don't think Robert Pattinson is very attractive?
It would have been nice to go to Hogwarts for school.
I require some chapstick. I'm trying really hard not to pick my lips...I've been lip-pick sober for 4 whole days and already they're smoothing out. Love it.
I saw a little blonde girl yesterday decked out in pink and totally cute, until her mom said her name and she corrected her very solemnly: "Mommy. I told you, my new name is Paris." Then her mom handed her a couple pretzels "here you go, Paris" and the little girl said "That's hawt." Jeebus. Kids and their parents these days. I'd never encourage my daughter to worship Paris Hilton (or to not say "thank you").
Why can't I find a star garnet ring? Durf. Oh well...one will make itself apparent in good time. Now watch I find one 5 years from now in a pawn shop on some dusty side road in Albuquerque or something.
Maybe I'll continue my recent trend and post whatever song I happen to be listening to at the moment I finish each entry. I saw Joshua Radin in concert (headlining for Vanessa Carlton and Alexa Wilkinson) and it was amazing...I've been really into singer-songwriters lately. This is one of my favorites by Joshua Radin, and what I'm listening to:
This one is a goodie too, come to think of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19IVl7kbNFY

3 comments:
HA! Sherri, I'm so sorry to hear about your hand. I had a similar story on 4th of July (the year Elton John played the parkway). I had a little too much to drink, so I decided to climb on the roof so I could "hear him better", crazy I know. So I lit a sparkler, and seriously lit my entire hand on fire. So now i'm on the roof, drunk with no way down, freaking out bc my hand is on fire. Sparklers are NOT SAFE, spread the word!
Robert Pattinson is only hot as Edward Cullen.
That's all I have to say about that.
Well... also:
i can haz edword fur teh romping?! plez?!
amen sister!
u can haz wutebbr u wantz. i goes n getz teh edwurd fur u nao. kthxbai.
Post a Comment