Sean, Abby, Allison, Dexter, Dante and I all went to brunch at the General Lafayette today. I'm a huge fan of brunch. Anyway, Sean and I have joked around for a year or two around about how he's going to teach me how to play the guitar, but today, we resolved to actually get together and follow through. He came over around 5:30, and we played guitar straight through until 8:30 and it was fantastic. The fingertips on my left hand are raw and blistered, but I can't stop playing the stuff Sean taught me. I'll probably regret it tomorrow but for now, I love that I'm making music and am savoring every strum (and finger picking...because I learned some of that too).
A large, light tan spider dropped down from the ceiling very swiftly and an exceptionally short foot in front of my face about an hour ago. I'm by myself in the apartment, so after squealing, squishing my ear against my shoulder, running outside, and a few almost-tears, I came back inside and crushed the bastard. No matter how karmic I am in my efforts to coexist and avoid killing spiders, they still stalk me. It sucks being bullied by arachnids, so maybe it's time to take the offensive.
I'm looking forward to having the day off tomorrow. Last week at work was killer due to having to do two weeks' worth of work in one, plus not being on top of my game because I was a 'tard and forgot my meds. Anyway. The holiday should be pretty relaxing other than finishing moving stuff/cleaning the old apartement, then a BBQ at Megan's in honor of Memorial Day. This has been one of my "hermit" weekends, but tomorrow will be cool and low-key.
I need a haircut...maybe I'll wait until my trip home approaches so I look nicer for Kev's wedding.
I purchased the first dog accessory, a lovely large pillow, yesterday at Sam's. I put it on the floor and went out to my car to get more purchases, and when I came back I was met with this:
A very satisfied Kiki breaking in the new furniture...that I obviously purchased for her.
Ike came up to investigate (and share)...
...but her majesty would have none of it.
Silly cats. Before we adopted them, I totally wouldn't have pegged myself as a cat person, but I guess I am, seeing as I'm an animal person overall. They're useful too. For example, Kiki is an extremely effective sleep aid. She stretches out on my chest and starts to purr pretty much every night...it knocks me out in no time flat.
Speaking of sleep...I need some. Until tomorrow, folks. I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

0 comments:
Post a Comment