This is going to be a jumble...I can tell already. Usually my writing reflects how I think/talk.
The very sudden, drastic changes in my life recently have been hard, but empowering, yet I'm still spinning wildly as to my timeline and priorities. I'm experiencing this weird fusion of panic, excitement, fear, and peace...sounds impossible, but it is what it is.
I have this habit of focusing on small details when I need to look at the big picture. Like right now all I can think about is the job/benefit situation, when/how I'm going to get out of here and what to take with me, and what to do about my current lease. With all the stress, I need to focus on staying healthy, happy, and surrounding myself with people who care about and support me.
I really like my job here in Philly, but it's one of the only things that's keeping me here. I admit that while I'm impatient to get back to Colorado, I'm scared about leaving a job where I'm happy, successful, have pretty much the best benefits you can get, and in which I have a lot of security...in order to dive headfirst into the shoddy job market. Yikes.
It's going to be liberating but bittersweet to step out of my comfort zone and start to shed the life I've (uncomfortably) known for 6 years, but I'm also ready...and really excited.
The most important thing to keep telling myself when I start to lose my nerve is that I'm strong enough to do this, and my future is very bright (and getting brighter). If you think of it...feel free to give me reminders, encouragement, and reality checks like that too.
I love my sister for countless reasons...one very small one being that when I'm in a jam, she writes prescriptions for one of our pets that are secretly for my use. PSA to you nasty hand burns: prepare to experience the wonders of Silver sulfadiazine and incur the wrath of my Ada if you get infected/don't heal. Faboosh.
Off to CVS for a hot minute to get my supplies!
I like this:

0 comments:
Post a Comment