Wednesday, March 3, 2010

There are only two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes I like not having windows in my room. The temperature is more consistent, there's more wall real estate, and...I have a skylight.

This morning, I woke up feeling like "spring." Despite being bone-tired, as it's impossible for me to get decent sleep on high doses of prednisone, dim light filtering through the blinds above my head helped get me up and moving, and on my way out the door I was met with the fresh smell that follows rain and...song! I think the shrubs in front of my house are sparrow condos because the birds seem to take permanent residence there, and there's always a ruckus: drama, joys, sorrows, arguments, ladies' twig clubs, avian shop quartets. You know, standard community goings-on. But this morning there was more singing than griping and chattering.

That's one thing I love about Philly - the east coast in general: spring just arrives one day and sticks around. Even when it snows in the spring, as soon as it melts enough, you can see the determined little green shoots poking up out of the white stuff, no doubt saying "o hai! iz heer. nawt leevin, srsly." And then when the trees start to flower?! Lawdy. I'm just so grateful that I don't suffer from allergies so I can enjoy it as much as I do!

Someone brought in fresh bagels this morning, and I snagged the last blueberry that was hiding in the bottom of the bag. Nom. Also, today is wrap day. Nom^2. Isn't math great?

I came across this first thing in the morning, and will carry several of these gems with me throughout the day:

0 comments: