Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Cell in the Sea

After a bangin' sushi dinner last night, I got a great fortune.


"A house without books is like a room without windows."

I think I would enjoy having some personal space like this (with bookshelves, of course!):


...love love love the window.



Sometimes, I take a moment to daydream about little quirky things I would like to treat myself to when I'm older, more established, and have my own house...basically someday when it could at least be somewhat feasible to have minor customizations in the home I make for myself. It's fun to have these little dreams because I know that if they ever came true, I would take delight in them, but they're so inconsequential that it wouldn't be a big deal to me if I never got them. None of the things are particularly major, just things like window seats and interesting bookcase arrangements; I've always found round windows to be charming, and I think these in particular would suit me well:



The new girl who works in the office across from mine just found a voodoo doll of the COO. Complete with pins and a little nametag, just so that there's no question as to the Cursed. Good times. 

It's been on my mind a lot lately, and I really like this passage by Lewis Carroll:
"How am I to get in?" asked Alice again, in a louder tone.
"Are you to get in at all?" said the Footman, "That is the first question, you know."

I've been listening to A Fine Frenzy for the majority of the workday (the title of this entry is the title of her first album, to which I am listening as I type this RIGHT MEOW), and I enjoy her music immensely. I highly recommend her if you enjoy female alternative singer/songwriter/pianists. She is so amazingly talented.

My echocardiogram is tomorrow and I'm so nervous.

Ok, it's teatime.

Oh, and you should probably watch this, but at your own risk:

0 comments: