Wednesday, March 24, 2010

If you want to fall asleep, be very still...

I've been getting into the band Spoon lately, and their song "Goodnight Laura" is the current preferred lullaby for this quarter-century-old lady...it's simple, poignant, short, and very sweet.

...heck, who am I kidding? This song isn't just the perfect lullaby...I listened to it all day! Over and over. And over. Here it is, with lyrics below, for your enjoyment:



"Goodnight Laura"
by Spoon

Goodnight Laura
Don't you know, your bed awaits and now it's time for sleeping?
Goodnight Laura, close your eyes
Your worries are meant to stop for now;
You know they're not for keeping.

If you want to fall asleep, be very still..
And you close your eyes and slow yourself and let your worry leave you
And let go of it all just for this evening...

Alright?
Alright.

You can fall asleep by being very still.
And let your breath slow down,
And when you think your thoughts be sure that they are sweet ones.

Don't you know, love, you're alright?
You're alright.

...okay, it's bedtime. I've dismissed my worries and am thinking sweet thoughts...I'm alright.

Goodnight.

0 comments: