Sunday, March 28, 2010

In tune

I woke up this morning just before 9:30 under perfect conditions. The light coming in through the skylight was really pale - cheerful yet unoppressive thanks to the cloud-cover, the temperature in my room is cool, and the house was quiet. To boot, I had a gently snoring cat in a tuxedo (such a gentleman!) curled up against my legs. Let me tell you, aside from the fact that in everyday life I'd rather be slightly cold than overheated, I will consciously savor these chilly mornings because I know that as summer approaches they will be very few and far between.

My Senses this Sunday:

Seeing: 
Signs of spring everywhere.

Hearing:
The melodious tones of Kate Nash...however, I could do without all the expletives. A well-placed expletive is really effective, but she really overdoes it to the point where it can distract from her otherwise great songwriting.

This is the song I'm hearing right now:


Tasting:
Banana! I always eat them before I work out...today the (still sore) memory of the charley horse in my calf won't let me forget.

Smelling:
Laundry fresh out of the dryer.

Feeling:
The muscles in my legs are waking up after a nice long walk at Valley Green yesterday.

Long ago, someone built this wall expressly for moongazing:


:)

I'd like to go to Oregon.

That's all for now...I'm off to the gym.

0 comments: