I'm feeling really quiet today. Things are dead at work so I'm not sure yet whether or not I'm going to get in trouble for breaking rules during yesterday's shenanigans. Most Fridays are slow around here, and I wear jeans on Fridays, so that's cool too.
Tonight is game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and I really want the Penguins to win. Aside from the fact that I'm a Pens fan, I pretty much loathe the Red Wings and would be displeased to see them win another Cup back-to-back. I do like Osgood though...great goaltender and he seems like a solid guy. Oh, and sometimes I use an Yzerman blade when I play. That's the extent of my positive Red Wing feedback.
Ahh I'm so nervous...let's hope the Pens bring their A-game to Detroit.
After the hockey game, I may or may not go bowling. I'm not in the mood. I like bowling and all, but I have to be in the mood for it, although even when I resist going I always end up having a good time. Actually, that's how I am often...sometimes I want to go out and be around people, and sometimes I'm a hermit and really don't feel like being in contact with anyone (save for a select few). As with bowling though, I do have to admit that when I force myself to go out I usually end up having a pretty good time. When I explain my inconsistent social tendencies to my mom, she never believes me because I'm "such a social butterfly." I think she believes that because I was so busy doing 3498572937 different things in high school. Different things = different sets of people. No matter...maybe I'll go and have fun bowling tonight, or maybe I'll stay behind and have fun doing other stuff. I love win-win situations.
Tomorrow, I'm cycling with Kim, headed to the fantastically quirky Saturn Club for a haircut, then off to the farm to pick up this week's share and generally hang out, enjoy the scenery, and pick peoples' brains about growing things. For some reason, I'm always nervous and excited before haircuts. After all that I'll probably hit up the library for a few hours to play Scrabble (if they have any games going), pay my overdue fines (moment of silence while I hang my head in shame) and soak up that particular kind of awesome peacefulness that only exists in libraries. Used bookstores do it for me too.
...wow. I am such a dork.
In exactly one week, I will be at home getting ready for Kevin's wedding. I'm so excited for him, but it's still surreal. In exactly 8 days, I will be...doing...I don't know what exactly. But I do know for a fact that it will be wonderful. And I still need a dress.
I haven't picked my lips once since I swore to myself I wouldn't.
On that note, Kim just came in and made me laugh harder than I have in a really long time:
"Heck, let's just give him porn and a sock...there's really not much else the kid can do!"

1 comments:
THE PENGUINS WONNNNNNNNNN!
Post a Comment