First order of business: home in one week. Can I get a "hell yes!"?
Usually when I'm on my way to work I plug in my iPod and play it on shuffle mode after I'm done listening to my morning show. For some reason, "Casimir Pulaski Day" plays without fail on every cloudy morning. It's a perfect song for driving on an overcast day.
I drove past "my" graveyard (Cheltenham - the one with fresh flowers, flags and the nice bike cop) this morning, and for the first time felt heart-wrenchingly terrible driving past it. I saw some workers milling around making finishing touches on four freshly-dug grave plots...all in a row, with matching headstones. Someone was arranging flowers around the area - beautifully if I might add - so I guess the funeral is today.
Onward.
The first song of last night's hockey warm up? "Lovegame." That's right kids...Kim played it in my honor and made it known to the rest of the world (and by that I mean the 30 hockey players and 2 refs on the ice) that she wants to have some fun, the beat is sick, and she wants to take a ride on my disco stick. FTW.

I looked in the mirror after my shower this morning and smiled at myself. Leaning in a little closer, I noticed the very beginnings of laugh lines - tiny crinkles around the outsides of my eyes. I have to say, I really like them. So much, in fact, that the crinkles deepened when I spotted them. Laugh lines at 24?! I definitely have had a lot to laugh and smile about so far in my life and am proud to wear the proof :)
Here's Bobby's rainbow from yesterday:
:)
Can you believe that it was taken with a mobile phone?! I don't recall ever seeing a rainbow with such clearly defined bands.
Huge lightning bolt just now...I think a storm's coming.
I require chapstick, caffeine, and a dress for Kev's wedding. I should get on that...kthxbai.

0 comments:
Post a Comment