I've been carrying this around with me for about 6 years:
That's what it's all about.
Being the extremely hopeless romantic that I am...this really sticks. I remember flipping through the magazine while sitting in a waiting room. My eyes welled up at "'Lousy,' he said. 'The Union's at stake.'" and I was a soggy mess by the time I had reached the end of the article; frantically looking around for a box of those terrible tissues you only find in medical offices. You know...the ones that feel like thinly sliced cardboard (which I've always found to be ironic since a lot of people cry, blow noses, etc. at medical facilities).
Then, I did something I never do to public/borrowed reading materials: I ripped the page out, folded it three times, and stuffed it into my bookbag just as the doctor called me in.
It's rare to find this kind of love, and who knows if I ever will, but every time I read this I'm reminded that I do firmly believe it's worth seeking and waiting for.
And with that, I believe I've met my sentimental squishy sap quota for the day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment