I know of a lot of highly intelligent people (mostly women, come to think of it) who are hesitant to tell others when their reading preferences aren't classics, philosophy and poetry. While the occasional "heavy" read is awesome and some of my favorite books are classics/academic, I often struggle not to feel self-conscious when I admit that as a general rule, I prefer fantasy, science fiction, young adult books, and novels.
Whoever this woman is...MAD PROPS!
HEY LADY! Thanks for this Sunday Secret. From now on I won't hesitate at all. I wouldn't use an Unforgivable Curse, but I'll cast a little spell if anyone talks smack, and take comfort in the fact that the people who matter won't judge my reading material. See? No reason to feel the slightest bit embarrassed!On another note, I'm watching Bear Grylls in Alaska, and I like the way he pronounces "glacier." When Bear says it, it sounds like "glassier."

0 comments:
Post a Comment