I try to learn a new word each day...and philately is today's word!
I thought it looked a bit questionable, but was pleasantly surprised:
Web definitions for Philately | |
| The hobby of stamp collecting. www.stamps.org/kids/january/stamps_vocabulary.htm - Definition in context | |
Anyway, I'm pleased to know "philately," because it's one of those words that just suits me.
I'm having some friend troubles. I think this friend is close enough to me so that we can sort this out and resolve the issues on both sides, but it's still very unsettling. Messes with my chi, dammit!
This heat is really getting to me. Humidity makes me aware of my lupus at all times (pressure in chest, achy joints, fatigue, etc.), I'm too hot to go to yoga (where the room is heated to 105 degrees as it is), too hot to play outside (hike, bike, etc.), and have to be careful in observing my eating habits, which is alien to me as someone who loves food and grew up in a family that celebrates nommable cuisine. Basically, when it gets friggin stifling like it is now, I am simply not hungry - even when presented with my favorite foods. This is in addition to the fact that cooking makes my kitchen hotter. Speaking of, after I'm done posting I gotta find me some vittles.
Dante's working 2nd shift and is leaving straight from work for Pittsburgh. I'm a little jealous (but mostly happy for him) because he gets to play cards, eat Smiley cookies at Eat'n'Park, hang out with cool people, be with his family, etc....basically all that "home" encompasses. Granted, I was just in Pittsburgh over the weekend...but yeah. Not only is it just not the same as Colorado (obviously), I didn't get to see any of my friends, a.k.a. Dante's friends who kindly adopted me as their own and who I now hold very near and dear to my heart. Aww warmfuzzies.
I get really lonely in Philly sometimes. I'm actually a little freaked out right now too, which doesn't help. Over the past few days, there have been break-ins on the first floor of my house (I live on the second), the first floor of the house next door, and my crazy neighbor upstairs said that it looked like someone tampered with one of the locks that leads to the entryway we share with him. This is alarming because we live in a very safe neighborhood, and the nature of the break-ins suggests that the burgled homes were scoped out, as the crimes would occur soon after the residents would leave. I am grateful to live on the 2nd floor, but that still doesn't keep me from feeling paranoid.
I hugged someone today. She was must have been wearing the same moisturizer my sister uses on her face, because I closed my eyes for a second after I caught a whiff of the stuff, and imagined I was hugging my dear Ada. Startling reminders like that, in any form, cause a pang of homesickness but a surge of love at the same time. I'm lucky to have such a family and home.
Speekn of mai deer seestr, she plz 2 sent dis tewdai. Iz happeemakin.
more cat pictures
Aww. Ai goes chear up nao kthxbai!


1 comments:
"philately" sounds kind of dirty. or perhaps it's just me.
Post a Comment