I saw Dark Knight last night. Finally! What a tremendous experience.
Aside from the fact that Joker was played scarily well, his acknowledgment and application of chaos theory to his actions was pretty mind-bending. I'm not sure that I've ever experienced a film - one for the purpose of entertainment anyway - that tapped into such a deep well of insight and philosophy. That may be a little extreme, but if I have witnessed in a movie such a dark cyclone of thought-provoking analysis of a very real, very natural phenomenon, I certainly can't remember it. I was intrigued by the concept of orderly disorder when studying thermodynamics, and was reminded of my fascination with entropy. This quick rundown of how I related chaos theory in Dark Knight to thermodynamic entropy is not meant to be definitive by any stretch, but rather my humble take on the matter. Some don't even define entropy as order/disorder anymore...that's just the way I loosely see it. Back to the movie...I'd really like to see it again because there was just too much brilliance to be absorbed in one sitting.
To say Heath Ledger was incredible as Joker would be a gross understatement. We'll leave it at that though, because it would take me a long time to sit here and try to come up with an apt adjective. I may even have to use the thesaurus. Eh. He was fabulous anyway. As I recall, he's the only celebrity about whose death I was actually shaken deeply. I was extremely sad when Peter Jennings died, but if I may venture to say, though horrible, succumbing after battling cancer is much more natural than an accidental overdose (assuming that's what happened) when one has his whole life ahead of him, including a small child upon whom he doted. Ah well...such is life. And death.
Onward.
Now this is sure to blow all y'all (yes I just went there) away...but...
I
found
a
toy
in
my
boxof
cereal
this
morning
I will give you a moment to absorb this.
H'okay so. I blearily opened a brand new box of Honey Nut Cheerios this morning - I'm not usuall a morning person unless I'm rising early for sports - and immediately perked up when I found my super-awesome Batman disc launcher in the box. In mind, I was whisked back to my early youth, to the days when I would rush through a box of cereal just so I could open a new one; as soon as the cardboard flap was hastily pried open, I would plunge my (clean) hand into the cereal to retrieve the cheap plastic toy. At least the toy I unearthed (uncerealed?) was outside the bag.
My incredibly boss launcher is the third one.
Kthxbai!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Entropy
Posted by
Sherri
at
3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
NO WAY! I want toys in my cereal again!!!!!!
Post a Comment