Dante: I love finding good stuff in pockets of clothes I haven't worn in awhile.
Me: Ooh me too. Did you find money in your vest or something?
Dante: Nope...Big League Chew!
:)
So Dante and I are moving in a couple weeks to this amazing place...around the corner! We really enjoyed our current apartment until a couple months ago, when we found out our landlord lied about how much it cost to heat the place...what a disaster. Anyway, there won't be any more nasty surprises like that anymore because utilities are included in the rent of our new place!
Things seem to be coming together nicely. Our new apartment is the top right quadrant of this house:
In recent news, I woke up Friday morning and felt like lupus. That's it. Just lupus. It took me a good hour to move from my bed. I was awake and everything...I just physically couldn't get up, and when I did, I was walking around as if my skin had been filled with extremely heavy, pointy rocks. A very strange feeling...I don't remember the last time I felt so generally bad. I went to work on Friday, did the few things that absolutely had to get done, then went home and crawled into bed. Spent most of Saturday in bed too, but got up to go to hockey, which was amazing. Naturally, I would have gone even if I had to drag myself there because it was our last game of the season, and we won 4-0, which I'm convinced had a healing effect! The skills they learned were executed perfectly, everyone had fun and played smart, heads-up hockey, and honestly, I couldn't be any prouder. I was positively bursting with pride and joy and felt like I was glowing.
Not only was that the perfect ending to a great season full of growth (not only as a team..but also for me personally), but it's also a very exciting way to begin next season! Not to talk myself up or anything, but I felt really good when several of the women approached me to tell me that they had originally been planning to play elsewhere because their past experiences with the Flames hadn't been so good, but they are going to stay with the organization because of me! That was one of the highest, most humbling forms of praise I've ever had bestowed upon me...I feel so honored.
Yesterday I hung out with my brother Eric, and it was really nice...we went to brunch at Honey's then hung out in Rittenhouse Square for awhile. We're hanging out next Sunday too which will be awesome. Then, Dante and I went out to dinner, came home, and went to bed around, read, and fell asleep. Because we're nerdy dinosaurs. Yeah.
Mandy sent me some of the professional photos from her wedding in September. This is my favorite one of Dante and me coming out of the church:
This was really fun too, despite the fact that our shoes were ridiculously painful:
It's quittin' time, boss. Now that I'm feeling better, I plan on getting back into a routine. There's more I want to write about, but I'll get to it eventually. I've been bursting from lack of blogging lately so I need to catch up!



0 comments:
Post a Comment