The past two weeks have been positively insane. In a (mostly) good way.
I'm currently listening to “The Time is Now,” by Moloko (former band of Róisín Murphy, who is awesome).
Pens v. Flyers game Saturday afternoon. Check my facebook album. I feel like a celebrity because 3 of our photos were published on the coveted thepensblog.com, which is Pittsburgh's primary Penguins fan blog. The game was awesome, but totally nuts, and the fact that I literally got bitched out by my Philly/Flyers fan friends is a testament to just how borderline homicidal some Philly fans are. Drives me nuts…I was totally blown away when I got actual angry responses. Hmpf. I guess I'm just not used to being of the mindset "I LOVE this team, therefore I hate every other team [in our division]." One thing that was really cool was the camaraderie among all Pens fans; shaking hands, high-fiving, smiling, waving at perfect strangers and generally forming a united front of minorities in a lions’ den. There was a fan brawl – I wish I had more details. Todd and Dan came to Philly for the weekend so that was sweet too. We didn’t get heckled as much as the other Pens fans…my theory is that it was partially due to the fact that a girl was in the group, and partially due to the fact that our group, at 4, was larger than most. Let’s hear it for strength in numbers.
Big win for the Red Team on Saturday night. I can’t emphasize how much I love coaching. I thought about playing in the spring league, but I don’t think I’m ready for that and know I would have a blast coaching. I don’t know. I’d rather wait until I’m in better shape and my knees hopefully don't hurt as much when I do stuff. Maybe next year. I’m still waffling about it but may be running out of time to do that.
So the water cooler at work is totally gross and contaminated. I refuse to touch the stuff that comes out of it (that's what she said). The other day, someone got some water out of it, and it literally came out green-tinged with algae floating in it. We own rather than lease the water cooler, so the water distributor doesn’t clean the dispenser for us. Whoever it is here who is in charge of cleaning it “religiously wipes it with a paper towel” between each bottle which…clearly sanitizes it. No one understands that water coolers are breeding grounds for bacteria and other assorted organisms. I don’t get how they all seem to think that patting the inside of the cooler with a paper towel will really clean it.
On Friday, I brought bleach to work. My plan was to fill the reservoir with water and add a capful of bleach to it, so it could work its magic over the weekend. Of course, I would empty and flush it on Monday before putting a new water bottle in. My brilliant plan was thwarted, however, when a science whiz of a co-worker stopped me on Friday afternoon; horrified.
"Are you seriously about to put BLEACH in the water cooler?! It’s poisonous and will make the water taste like pool water."
"Dude...there's algae GROWING in the cooler and the water smells like a pond. Just let me clean this out and it will be ready first thing Monday morning with a new bottle of water. Drink some tap water."
"Tap water? Ew. Why would I drink that when we have purified spring water right there in the bottles [points to bottles that release water through the algae garden]? I'd rather leave it like it is and allow the green stuff to settle to the bottom before drinking it than have it taste like bleach.”
“…”
Durf.
Now I’m listening to “These Fangs” by Say Hi (To Your Mom) and I’m a fan. I think I’ll go see them in March at Johnny Brenda’s.
Ok…mental health break was good. Back to work.

1 comments:
oh god now im not going to use my water cooler. well, it hasn't turned green yet so thats good.
have you ever been to Johnny Brendas? It's a quaint little place.
Post a Comment