Ahm le tired.
Props to the growers of Palisade, CO for producing damn fine peaches. Nom. Props to Mom for packing me a bag full of fruit and fresh veggies on which to snack during this road trip. NOM. Props to the motel for having a mini-fridge and microwave so I can have a little bit of fruit and tea before bed. Props to you for reading my meanderings. Props all around; it's Saturday night.
Speaking of NOM, when I was at a service plaza about 30 miles into Kansas after crossing over the Colorado border, the neat block print over the hand dryer read as follows:
I will eat your soul.
NOM NOM NOM
If I were to come across the weirdo who wrote that, I would give her a hearty pat on the back. Maybe a hug. It's not like it's gonna happen anyway, so let's just say I'd consider giving her a million bucks for making me laugh whilst staring at a wall in a public restroom. This actually reminds me of my Stab List, but more positive for sure.
Currently in Junction City; approximately 2/3 of the way across Kansas. Yes, I acknowledge the fact that I may be the worst approximator ever, but I actually referred to a map and that's what it looks like to me, yup yup.
I feel better than I thought I would. I hit the road around 4:30 or 5 MST because1) I didn't sleep much/well last night and felt like lupus this morning 2) it's always hard for me to leave home, regardless of how excited I am to get to Philly, and 3) when I'm flying solo, I prefer to get through Kansas (at least the western part) at night.
I easily drove for about 8.5 hours and felt decent; I could have kept going for maybe a couple more hours, but why push myself? Especially since I purposely gave myself a few extra days to allow for times during which I may not feel well anyway. Since we're on the topic of taking time to care for myself, I'm thinking about getting a great breakfast (ok, brunch because there's no way it will be prior to noon) before hitting the road tomorrow. Eating well in the morning will keep me going more effectively through the day and will hopefully prevent me from stopping for the typical road trip fare: fast food, or something like that.
Methinks the temporary filling on my 3/4 completed root canal borked. Blargh. And the endodontology (sp?) department doesn't really seem to care too much. I've had so many problems with almost all of my medical-related administrative assistance since my flare. You'd think that people who have a career in healthcare support would be more helpful. It's been affecting me greatly in several ways...one being that my paperwork allowing me to get at least some monetary compensation during my medical leave seems to have disappeared. I was about to go all Newtonian on the office assistants' asses and explain that the originals of executed documents can neither be created nor destroyed so they should go-ahead-and-find-the-damn-papers. But I didn't. I'm thinking about going to HUP in person to pick a bone with everyone who hasn't been willing to help me over the past couple of months and hopefully get my way (unless they provide a better answer or something).
Ok, time to fire ze missiles go to sleep. I am suddenly bone-tired. It's a good thing I stopped for the evening. Goodnight.
::EDIT::
Don't judge (or do, I don't care), but what's with Miley Cyrus being [more] legitimately talented lately? My understanding is that she actually writes her own crap too. Cool. I still maintain that she's too young to be acting and dressing like a tart though.
g'night for reals...kthxbai

0 comments:
Post a Comment