I'm tired. I should and could and would be asleep, if not for the simple fact that there's something about the dark of night that can calm me and make me feel more productive (occasional insomnia issues aside). I liken the feeling to waking up really early on the morning following a heavy snowfall and stepping outside before anyone and anything else have stirred. The thick white blanket muffles all movements and sounds; inspiring the early-riser with the temporary solitude (very temoporary, in the city). During these times, I feel almost as if the world belongs to me, and the hustle and bustle of others' energies aren't interfering with my connection to life's network.
Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Yeah...next time someone asks me why I'm up so late, I'll say I'm networking.
When I set my alarm for 5:10, which is the time I need to wake up for yoga, I was taken back to the days of college rowing. Ahh good times. I especially liked mornings when we could smell the baking at the Tasty Kake factory, watching the sun rise from the middle of the river, and the baby geese were cute and fun too...and just about the only geese I like.
I want to go back to school. I had the chance to be in the program of my choice a couple years ago but didn't; now that I'm actually ready, I'm also a nervous wreck that I won't be accepted again. Granted, the school and application review committee are the same, but the program is different and much more competitive. Not to mention the obscenely long wait list for people who want to go to nursing school in Colorado. I'm applying to another school in Colorado, and happen to be incredibly unmotivated to finish my application - specifically the ridiculous essay portion - due Monday. Urgh. Does Hogwarts have any openings?
There are so many great things in Philly I have yet to experience for one reason or another (but mostly that one reason). I was worried about getting around to all the stuff I want to do, given the fact that this may be my last year in the city, but since I sat down and actually made a Bucket list, I'm not terribly concerned anymore. It's a nice feeling. Ahem, Oktoberfest is coming up, and it's celebrated pretty heavily in parts of the city...just sayin'.
Finally nodding off...
golf oscar oscar delta november india golf hotel tango

2 comments:
i totally hit a goose on the river today. nearly took his head off while we were piecing. thinking of you!
Post a Comment