H'okay, so.
It's been a really long time since I've had a crush on, and felt the desperate need to own for myself, a particular pair of shoes. Well, the dry (ok, FINE...practical) stretch is over. I bring you the Nike Killshot Vintage:

Goodness gracious. Allow me a moment to collect myself as I'm still reeling from the awesomeness of these kicks, and envisioning myself at a Halloween party (do people still have those after graduating from college?) outclassing everyone as I strut around dressed as a totally boss vintage racquetballer. Keep in mind, I'd wear these often, I just kinda feel like at least once in their lives they should experience the thrill of being part of an outfit reminiscent of their ancestors' glory days of yore. Thus, the Halloween party image, because I doubt there would be any other occasion that would justify my parading around dressed like a racquetball player circa 1974. That said, no need to comment on my silly and vivid imagination...or do so if you feel like it. I already know it's silly and vivid and I embrace it thankyouverymuch.
[Pause]
kthx.
Anyway, the folks at Nike are working on a Vintage collection of footwear, and these are apparently exact replicas of the original Killshot...the premier indoor court shoe (mostly worn for racquetball and squash) of the 1970s. The Killshot Vintage should have been released this summer, or will be shortly, so as soon as I can find these babies I want to try to score a pair.
Off to bed...I have yoga in the morning!

0 comments:
Post a Comment