Wednesday, April 8, 2009

1825

The anniversary of Dante's and my becoming "official" is upon is.  Our first date was December 11, 2003, but we didn't become a declared item until April 11, 2004 (Easter!).  I can't believe it's been 5 years since then...it's so exciting, and I know we're young but I consider 5 years of coupledom a pretty significant milestone.  At first we hadn't really planned on doing anything other than maybe a nice dinner because Dante works on the weekends, but when I found out that Good Friday is a holiday for me we spontaneously decided to go to a Bed and Breakfast for a two-night stay.  Woooo.


One thing that is surprising is that he and I have never taken a holiday together that didn't involve at least one set of parents.  That's the thing with both of us being from outside of Philadelphia: when there are breaks, we usually just go home to be with our families because that's the only opportunity we have to see them.  I wouldn't trade time with my family of course, but it will be cool to do something on our own.  Anyway, this will also be a special occasion as it marks our first destination vacation for just the two of us.

We will be staying at the 1825 Inn in Palmyra, PA, which is right outside Hershey, tomorrow night and Friday night.  It's going to be fantastic.

I'm headed out...I'm going to try to get to the library tonight because it's open until 9 on Mondays and Wednesdays.  More on the sick computer saga on our next adventure.

0 comments: