Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Poetry, even when apparently most fantastic, is always a revolt against artifice, a revolt, in a sense, against actuality."

James Joyce's Critical Writings are challenging.


For as far back as I can remember, I have always craved chocolate milk after a hard workout.  It was a couple years ago when I first read that chocolate milk is an excellent post-workout drink, but for some reason the thought randomly popped into my head a couple minutes ago.  Chocolate milk is fabulous and totally blog-worthy, so...yeah.  There you have it.

I didn't have to go to work today, so I vegged and was almost entirely unproductive.  I read a really great book, fed my cats, and ate a bowl of frosted mini wheats.  That's about it.

Today was the Winter Classic game, and I totally forgot to watch it!  D'oh.  Here's a cool time-lapsed video of the rink being built in Wrigley Field though:



A bowl of cereal doesn't provide enough sustenance for a marathon reader...so I'm off to feed myself.

Happee Noo Yeer!

kthxbai!

EDIT:
I'm going stir crazy because the Philadelphia Free Library's website isn't working.  How sad is that?

0 comments: