Thursday, January 15, 2009

Surya Namaskar > Caffeine

Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar) are ever so therapeutic and do a good job of waking me up.  I've really been bad about practicing yoga lately...I'm going to start tomorrow with at least three sets of Sun Salutations.  It's amazing how a little yoga in the morning can set the tone for the whole day.


I'm going to bed in a few minutes.  As I try to drift off, I will probably do some "yoga for insomnia," such as Happy Baby, Goddess Pose, Corpse Pose (Savasana...so important), and Three-Part Breath.  Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose (yes that's really what it's called) is something I'll try tonight too.  I am convinced that yoga can prevent/treat/cure insomnia, as evidenced by the fact that I never had a problem sleeping when I was actively involved in yoga even during my most manic times...which tells me something.  Tomorrow I will begin again.

I really like Twitter (see gadget to the right) because I can update it via text message.  I love text messaging!

My teeth hurt.  Weird.

I'm dehydrated.

I was flattered to have been dubbed "the grammar police" at work today.

I still love my new layout.

Bedtime.

1 comments:

Joey Ballgame said...

Sun Salutations are in Wii Fit. I gotta break that back out. Those were always fun!