Saturday, August 2, 2008

Before bed...a quick sidenote on homesickness

I am sorely missing Colorado right now. Granted, I find that as I spend more time in Philadelphia I feel stronger, more capable, and better able to find things around me to appreciate, but the truth is, I'm really out of my natural element here. I was trying to put this into words when I was talking to Mueller (Pittsburgh born-and-bred) today, and he explained my homesickness:


me: im not forlorn or anything...just maybe a bit out of my element?
Chris: well, you're not a mouth breathing ass wipe, so of course philly wouldnt be your element

Hahahaha. In all fairness though, I'm grateful for my experiences here, no matter how rocky some of them have been. I have grown so much in every single way, and things are going well for me out here at this point in my life in terms of giving me the tools and teaching me the skills I need for the "real world," but honestly...aside from having family and friends in Colorado, how could anyone not* miss the beauty of places like Maroon Bells, Hanging Lake, and Garden of the Gods?

Here they are, respectively, even though photos don't do them justice:








Sigh.

Ahm le tired. I really need to get some sleep now.


*The blogger recognizes and openly acknowledges her bias.

0 comments: