Oh heeeey.
So. As I've been reading books just for fun, rather than education, enlightenment, and soul-searching, I'm coming to realize that it's been waaaaaaay too long since I've read anything purely for guilty pleasure and enjoyment. Not that I read trashy romance novels or anything, but I love fantasy, for example. Why, you ask? Because over the past few months (don't worry my dear Dante!) I have developed an unhealthy number of crushes on fictional, mostly supernatural men/vampires/werewolves/etc. I'm using the angsty middle school era as my point of reference for the acceptable number of simultaneous crushes that can be squeezed into a single, though rather large, heart...and sadly, the number of crushes (or at least twinges) I have right now probably exceeds that. Specifically, a certain Mr. Edward Cullen permeates my thoughts. I mean, I have a serious infatuation with this guy, who happens to be a happily married vampire who was born as a human in 1901. How ridiculous is that?
By the way, that question was rhetorical.
The weather has been so nice lately. I love stepping outside from the A/C of my workplace, bracing myself with dread for the impact of oppressively hot, thick air, and instead being met with a cool, clean-smelling breeze gently kissing my face. Aaah. I went to Dorney Park for the birthday celebration of my favorite Philly twins, and not only were the rides and the company stellar, but also the high was 75 and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Almost every other day over the past week or so has had at least one rainfall, not that I mind, because I do love rainstorms (although I do get a little "blah" if it's been dreary for a week or more).
In other news, Dante and I just bought our plane tickets last night. On August 27, we will be Colorado-bound, for a glorious 4 days at home. I need this so much. As quiet as it can be at times (formerly "boring"), Colorado Springs is a wonderful place, with perfect access to deserts, forests, mountains, bodies of water, etc. It's literally centrally-located in the state (and on the Continental Divide!), and pretty much equidistant from every type of terrain and form of entertainment Colorado has to offer. A person can basically enjoy any activity that does not involve the ocean. Despite the fact that I couldn't wait to leave Colorado Springs, I think it took leaving for such an extended period of time for me to really appreciate the state's beauty, friendly people, and all it has to offer.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, and when I do sleep deeply, I don't wake up feeling rested...I'm not quite sure what to do about that.
I would like to purchase a Wii Fit jointly with Dante, so it's really like (ok...sortof) getting it on sale for 50% off retail price (ok...humor me now), but alas, it seems that they're nowhere to be found.
"Scrubs" is awesome.
Pluots are tasty, even though they're freaks of nature.
Hmm. I think that's all for now.

1 comments:
Scrubs is awesome but not as awesome as you.
We're cooler than Bella; Edward should love us.
Post a Comment