Monday, November 2, 2009

As I come clean.

Please just stop and listen:



I first heard it while riding in the car with a friend. I was working on my cardigan, and as soon as I heard the opening strains I stopped knitting so I could focus and listen. It's funny; my friend pointed this out to me yesterday. She went to change the radio station when the song started, noticed that I had become transfixed, and turned the volume dial higher rather than the tuner. For that I am grateful. I must have been so focused that I didn't realize I had basically become paralyzed. I guess this is a stand-still song...I haven't experienced one in a long time. The music filled me up and took up so much space that I found myself to be breathless. I still feel that way every time I hear it.

It's an aptly titled song, I suppose.

I will try to be better about staying updated with stuff and in touch with my people. I'm still getting my ducks in a row, so please bear with me.

0 comments: