This morning when I came into my office, I was greeted by a huge black arachnid chillin' on my desk.
For those of you who don't know, I have serious arachnophobia. It's so bad that I tic - I press my left ear against my shoulder and wrap my left arm over my head as if to protect my ear and head - and cannot help it. Due to my self-imposed exposure therapy, I'm improving gradually (I no longer hyperventilate), but I simply wasn't prepared for a sizeable, extremely fast-moving spider scuttling all over my stuff with its creepy ass spider feet. Kim came into my office to find me perched on my chair, arm wrapped around my head, and gazing, petrified, at the spot on the floor where the horrible eight-legged monster was standing and staring me down - DARING me, without a doubt, to unfold myself from between the arms of my chair and make myself vulnerable to attack. Kim generally doesn't kill spiders, but she did compromise her morals for me today when she squished that antagonistic little jerk into the carpet. With her brand-spankin' new shoes. Now if that's not love, I don't know what is.
It's ok though...this made it all better:
Aww. I'm such a sap. I'm cool with it though! It's endearing...right? Riiiiiight??
Last night was hysterical. I may post about it later when I get home. I'm at work and took all the time I could afford to blow off steam regarding the spider incident (which IMHO, is a good cause).
On another note, thepensblog.com really slows down my system - even when I access it via Google Reader. That doesn't stop me though.
FREE CANDY FOR ALL!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Yikes.
Posted by
Sherri
at
1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
SHPIDAH! DIE SHPIDAH DIE!
Post a Comment